Saturday, April 29, 2017

A Window Into Heaven

Today I had the privilege of looking through a window into Heaven ... Imagine with me if you dare, let your spirits soar to the heights of Heavenly Hosts ... Do you feel your feet dancing the dance of celebration with the Angels? ... Tip your chin up, face the Son, let His eyes of love, the sweetest most caring eyes imaginable, envelope you ... 

"Katia" came to El Nido for the first time today at the recommendation of a friend.  She had a sweet smile, an adorable 5 year old daughter by her side and a 7 week old babe in her womb.  She is 31 years old and described herself as friendly and popular with her friends.  She had a quiet confidence in the way she thought and spoke, however this confidence could not mask the heavy burden she was carrying.  We welcomed her into El Nido, the Nest, where she will hopefully find safety, life, the love of Jesus and freedom to speak from the depths of her heart.  

The process of El Nido was explained, she seemed content and willing to participate and her intake was complete.  Even though she did not have a relationship with God she allowed us to pray for her to close our time together.  "How can we pray for you?"  Through tear stained eyes she poured out the burdens of her heart and the toxic situation she is living in ... The father of her baby is entrapped in the endless cycle of drug addiction ... Thus opened the floodgates of Heaven!  Our spiritual eyes were opened to see the heavy burden she was baring ... "Katia, Father God beckons us, 'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest ... my yoke is easy and my burden is light.' ... Katia, do you want Him to help you carry this burden and help you find rest in this situation?" ... 

Matthew 11:28-30  “Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. Place my yoke over your shoulders, and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble. Then you will find rest for yourselves because my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=come+to+me+all+who+are+weary&qs_version=GW:

In the mere seconds that passed, my spirit was soaring to the heights of Heaven while my physical heart felt so heavy for her.  Then, overwhelmed by His perfect peace, I saw Father looking at her with the most tender eyes of love and holding her close. Through healing tears she shook her head and said, "Si" ... And thus the privilege to view this window into Heaven, to share the celebration and dance as all of Heaven whooped for joy!  Not only was she carrying new life, but today, Katia was becoming a new life!  

God is so faithful ... spurring us on when the process seems routine ... a new life waiting to birth ... 


Written by Jen Hoover (volunteer at El Nido) 

No comments:

Post a Comment