Thursday, May 11, 2017

The Circle of Life and Death

Death is never easy.  Death often causes us to pound our fist in anguish and weep bitterly … at times we say, “It was a blessing, the suffering has ended.” … Perhaps we know death is imminent, even so, our human nature wants to hold onto hope … A sudden death asks more questions than it finds answers … In reality, One could feel like a helpless child being tossed around through the waters of death, holding onto hope one moment and drowning in despair the next … Death is never easy. 

Heredia Cemetery 


This week we found ourselves walking through the Circle of Life and Death with one of our El Nido Mamas.  Belky learned early on in her pregnancy that there were problems with the way her baby was forming and growing. Ultrasounds revealed her baby’s abdomen had a hole and its abdominal contents were forming outside.  Dare she hold onto hope that surgery could be performed immediately after birth to put these back inside? She then learned one of her baby’s legs wasn’t growing.  Belky came to El Nido with her soul in anguish.  She wanted to hold onto hope however the reality of life raising a disabled child was overwhelming. We prayed for hope and believed God for healing.  As she poured out her heart to God through a journal entry she cried desperately for healing on the wee one in her womb.  “She deserves a chance to run and jump, to experience a normal life with her siblings, please God, she doesn’t deserve this, give her that chance! Regardless how this baby looks, I love her from the depths of my heart and only want the best for her.”

Today … Heaven has received this sweet, precious 4 pound Angel … Amy Danisha is running and jumping, laughing in the arms of Jesus, free from a life of suffering on this earth. Today, as we mourned the loss of her life here on this earth, my soul cries for Belky who longs to hold her sweet babe in her arms. We find comfort and healing as we cry in each other’s arms, I know healing comes through these tears. We share this deep seeded peace that one day we will celebrate with her in Eternity … Please pray for Belky and Julio as they walk through the pain of this circle of life … Pray they feel the sweet presence of Jesus in the sleepless nights … Pray for her empty arms to cling tightly to her Savior … Pray for her soul to find peace and healing through the tears.

Amy Danishia 


Together we find comfort in the precious words from Psalm 139:13-16 …



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.





No comments:

Post a Comment